There are a few reasons why Coinbase verification provider may be unable to process your request. Here are a few tips to help complete this step.
- Ensure that your document is valid. Coinbase is unable to accept an upload of an expired ID.
- Ensure your identification document is in a well lit area without much glare.
- Photograph the entire document, try to avoid cutting off any corners or sides.
- Photos of your ID can be uploaded. They do not have to be taken by the webcam. Try using your phone camera or a scanner to take clear pictures of the ID.
- If your webcam can be moved, try setting the ID flat on a tabletop and moving the camera instead of moving the ID.
- Try to have a plain background, like a white piece of paper. Holding it in your fingers can confuse the focusing lens.
- Use an up-to-date version of the Chrome browser.
- Clear your browser cache, restart the browser, and try again.
- Wait 30 minutes between attempts.
- Trying to upload a US passport? At this time, we only accept US state-issued ID such as a Driver's License or Identification Card. We are unable to accept US passports due to the lack of indication of what state you reside in.
Tips for your selfie:
- Make sure light is coming from in front of you, not behind you, so your face is clearly visible.
- Face the camera directly and try to include from the shoulders to the top of your head.
- Try to have a plain wall as a background.
- Try to have indirect light and no backlight.
- Do not wear sunglasses or hats during this process.
- If you were wearing glasses in your ID photo, try wearing them in your selfie photo. If you were not wearing glasses in your ID photo, try removing them for your selfie photo.
If you do not have a computer to complete verification with, you can email your documents in through the coin base secure verification portal.